Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Red Order (Order of the Seers #2) by Cerece Rennie Murphy





Book: The Red Order (Order of the Seers #2)
 
Author: Cerece Rennie Murphy
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The crew is back and on the run again. The Guild is hot on their trails and won't quit until they have them under their grasp. When the crew pick up new members, including a ten year old girl, will they help the crew or be their downfall? Are the new members who they appear to be or plants of the Guild?
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I knew looking at the powerful cover of this book that I was in for a rockin' ride and Cerece didn't disappoint. 

As with the first in the series, characters were really well developed and multidimensional. A number of the characters were carried over from the first, but Ms. Murphy did well to introduce some new characters, including new vilians. 

As my warning as with the first one, although I feel that this is an excellent introduction to Dystopian literature, due to language and some sexual and violent scenes, I would stress older teens or young adults.  I must admit that I did have a harder time with some of the more graphic violence in this novel, but won't go into it because that would be a spoiler and we know how much I abhor spoilers! 
 
Source:    Author for review
    
Would I recommend? : Hell yes!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series. I must add that it is IMPERATIVE that readers begin with number one in the series, Order of the Seers (Order of the Seers #1). This series is INCREDIBLY character driven. 

1 comment: